IT 244 Week 4 DQs
This paperwork of IT 244 Week 4 Discussion Questions shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. What are the different types of cyber crime? Provide an example for each type.
2. What can happen to a company as the result of cyber crime? Do you know of any company that has been a victim of cyber crime? Describe the results. What can happen to an individual as the result of cyber crime? Do you know anyone who has been a victim of cyber crime? Describe the results.
3. Search for the Web site of a company that provides security dog services to businesses. Read the site's information carefully. Does the company say what it will do if a dog bites or attacks an innocent person, such as a worker who accidentally wanders into a guarded area?
4. Go online and search for information on biometric security systems for individual computers. For example, small biometric devices can be added to notebook PCs, and ensure that only the computer's authorized user can access the system. Based on your research, would purchase such a security device for your own computer? Why or why not? Summarize your findings in a brief report, to share with the class.
5. On page 191 of the text, you read about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and some of the requirements it places on businesses. In your view, do such government regulations place an unnecessary burden on corporations and their IT personnel? Or do you think such regulations are needed? Share your views with the class.
** *** Week 4 ***Attached: IT 244 Week 4 DQs.zip