Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Labor Relations Overview
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 350â500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The story of the 1959 Knox Mine Disaster in Northeastern, PA represents a framework for understanding how labor unions, management, and other organizations had engaged in corrupt labor-management relations. Mining too close to the Susquehanna river bed caused the river bed to collapse. Billions of gallons of water flowed into the mines putting miners lives at risk. The disaster effectively ended the area's anthracite coal industry. Over 7,500 jobs were lost because of the Knox Mine Disaster causing long-term economic challenges for the region.
Using the Internet, research information on the Knox Mine Disaster and discuss the following questions with your classmates:
- What role did the union, management, and other organizations have in the Knox Mine Disaster?
- According to your research, what was the root cause of the disaster? What labor-relations laws or practices were ignored?
- Could the disaster have been prevented? If so, how? What future labor laws were put in place that could prevent similar disasters from happening?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.