Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Learning ResourcesRequired ResourcesCourse Text: Diversity in Early Care and Education Chapter 6, "Differing Perspectives on Learning through Play" Chapter 7, "Socialization, Guidance, and Dis
- Course Text: Diversity in Early Care and Education
- Chapter 6, "Differing Perspectives on Learning through Play"
- Chapter 7, "Socialization, Guidance, and Discipline"
- Course Text: How Culture Shapes Social-Emotional Development
- Read pp. 4–11, "Experiencing, Expressing, and Regulating Emotions" (up to "Identity Development and Relating to Others")
- Article: Chang, H., & Pulido, D. (1994). The critical importance of cultural and linguistic continuity for infants and toddlers . In E. Fenichel (Ed.), Cross-cultural studies of child development: Implications for clinicians. Retrieved from http://www.eric.ed.gov Reproduced with permission of Zero to Three in the format Scan via Copyright Clearance Center.
- Read pp. 14–18 of the PDF
Perspectives on Play
The beginning of Chapter 6 of Diversity in Early Care and Education describes a scenario featuring babies at play. Review this scenario (pp. 104–106) with one of the following themes in mind: people versus object orientation, choice, adult role, emphasis on words versus nonverbal communication.
By Day 3:
Post your responses to the following:
- What values, beliefs, and expectations are embedded in this scene? (Include one or more specific examples to support your response.)
- How and why might a family's values, beliefs, and expectations differ from those you have identified?
- Offer one or more recommendations for modifying the environment or interactions in order to honor diverse values, beliefs, and expectations.