Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Lifespan Development questions
Please cite sources for each question. Do not use the same sources for each question. Minimum of 2 resources and 300 words.
- Briefly contrast the views of Locke and Rousseau on how children develop.
- a) What do ethologists, such as Lorenz, mean by imprinting on a parent-figure? b) What observations led Bowlby to suggest that imprinting occurs in human infants? That is, what parallels between human infants and other species did he point to?
- "For children to learn, we must praise their correct responses and correct their mistakes." Would Montessori agree? Explain.
- What did Werner mean by "microgenesis" and "microgenetic mobility?" Give examples. Discuss some valuable aspects of these concepts.
- Piaget's critics charge that he made development appear too slow. Discuss this criticism with respect to either: a) object permanence, b) conservation training, or c) Kamii's teaching methods. Then, describe the Piagetian approach.
- Compare conventional and postconventional morality in Kohlberg's theory.