Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
The leaders of 195 of the world’s countries met in Paris in December 2015 and reached an unprecedented agreement on how to address the growing threat of global climate change. This agreement has included some unique features that have made it possible for developing and developed countries to reach a compromise on a pathway to begin to address the critical concerns around fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions. This accord is the end result of 9 years of efforts on the part of the United Nations. Both scientists and leaders feel this is the world’s last best hope of striking a deal that will begin to avert the most devastating effects of a warming planet. (Davenport, 2015)
Completing this activity will assist you in mastering Module Level Outcome 3 and 4.
First, read the following:
- Climate Change: Evidence, Impacts, and Choices from the National Research Council of the National Academies [PDF, file size 8.60 MB]
- Summary for Policymakers: IPCC Synthesis Report SPM (SPM 3.2, SPM 3.3, SPM 3.4, SPM 4.1, SPM 4.2. SPM 4.3 and SPM 4.4)
- Davenport, C., Bourget, L. (2015). “Nations approve landmark climate accord in Paris” The New York Times, Dec. 12, 2015
- Various authors, (2015). “What does a climate deal mean for the world?” The New York Times, Dec. 12, 2015
Next, craft your response to the following questions and positions:
- Select one of the short paragraphs in the NYT article “What does a climate deal mean for the world?” such as: the planet, global politics, American politics, business, or American citizens. Each of these paragraphs addresses a different aspect of or perspective on the Paris Climate Accord and its impact.
- Compare what is in the NYT paragraph you selected with what is in the NYT article about the climate accord (Davenport, C., Bourget, L. (2015). “Nations approve landmark climate accord in Paris” The New York Times, Dec. 12, 2015), along with the module readings from the IPCC and the climate change booklet about the perspective or aspect you selected.
- What additional complications or drawbacks have you found that were not mentioned?
- What additional benefits have you found that were not mentioned?
Your initial post responding to this assignment should be no shorter than 250 words. Include both in-text citations and complete APA style references for all the sources you used to inform your work. Once you have posted your own discussion response