M3 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Adjustment Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, and Acute Stress Disorder
Adjustment disorders are quite common and potentially very serious because they have been linked to suicide ideation, planned and completed suicide. Consider the important issues of mental status examination and differential diagnosis.
- What are the differences and similarities among adjustment disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and acute stress disorder?
- What are the essential areas that encompass a thorough mental status examination?
- Explain the steps you would take in evaluating symptoms. How would you arrive at a differential diagnosis?
Post your responses in a minimum of 300 words.
- By Week 3, Day 3, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Week 3, Day 7, respond to at least two of your classmates' posts. While responding, identify the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
GET YOUR EXPERT ANSWER ON STUDYDADDYGET ANSWER