Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
MATH 221 Week 1 DQ Descriptive Statistics
This paperwork of MATH 221 Week 1 DQ Descriptive Statistics covers:
If you were given a large data set such as the sales over the last year of our top 1,000 customers, what might you be able to do with this data? What might be the benefits of describing the data?
Here are a few questions that you can participate for discussion points from your study plan on chapter 1 and 2 that may help you toward understanding concepts and the quiz for Week 3. Please work on only one question at a time. Answers are posted at the end.
1. Determine whether the given value is a statistic or a parameter.
A sample of students is selected and it is found that 35% own a computer
Study plan 1.1.41
2. Determine whether the underlined numerical value is a parameter or statistic. Explain your reasoning.
A certain zoo found that 8% of its 843 animals were nocturnal
Study Plan: 1.1.37
3. Suppose a survey of 568 women in the United States found that more than 56% are the primary investor in their household. Which part of the survey represents the descriptive statistics? Make an inference based on the results of the survey.
4. How is a sample related to a population?
5. Determine whether the variable is qualitative or quantitative
a. Goals scored in a hockey game
b. Favorite musical instrument
Study plan 1.2.7
6. What is an inherent Zero? Describe an example that has an inherent zero.
Study plan 1.2.31
7. Which method of data collection should be used to collect data for the following study.
A study of the health of 164 kidney transplant patients at a hospital.
Study plan 1.3.11
8. Use the given minimum and maximum data entries, and the number of classes, to find the class width, the lower class limits and the upper class limits.
Minimum = 13, maximum = 84, 6 classes
Study plan 2.1.11
9. Some graph questions to study: Study Plan 2.1.19, 2.1.26, 2.1.27
10. Students in an experimental psychology class did research on depression as sign of stress. A test was administered to a sample of 30 students.
a. Find the 10% trimmed mean of the data.
b. Find Mean
c. Find Median
D. Find Mode
Please use the paste to clipboard from the data set to work in excel or in minitab
Study plan 2.3.65
11. Find the range, mean, variance and standard deviation of the sample data set.
Study plan 2.4.13