Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
MATH 221 Week 2 DQ Regression
This paperwork of MATH 221 Week 2 DQ Regression includes:
Suppose you are given data from a survey showing the IQ of each person interviewed and the IQ of his or her mother. That is all the information that you have. Your boss has asked you to put together a report showing the relationship between these two variables. What could you present and why?
Here are a few questions that you can participate for discussion points from your study plan on correlation and regression that may help you toward understanding concepts and the quiz for Week 3. Please work on only one question at a time. Answers are posted at the end.
1. 1. Construct a scatter plot and determine the type of correlation using r for the following data
The ages(in years) of 6 children and the number of words in their vocabulary
a) Display the data in a scatter plot
b) Calculate the correlation coefficient r
c) Make a conclusion about the type of correlation
Study plan 9.1.22, 9.1.24
2. Suppose the scatter plot shows the results of a survey of 42 randomly selected males ages 24 to 35. Using age as the explanatory variable, choose the appropriate description for the graph, Explain your reasoning.
a) Age and body temperature
b) Age and balance on student loans
c) Age and income
d) Age and height
PLEASE SEE THE DOCUMENT ATTACHED FOR THIS GRAPH
The response variable is ____________ because you would expect this variable and age to have _________________ and ____________variation for adult males.
Study plan 9.2.17
3. 3. Identify the explanatory and the response variable.
A farmer wants to determine if the temperature received by similar crops can be used to predict the harvest of the crop.
The explanatory variable is _________
The response variable is ____________
1a. Please see attached file
b. r= 0.975
c. Strong positive linear correlation
2. The response variable is ____height________ because you would expect this variable and age to have _____no correlation____________ and ____high________ variation for adult males.
3. The explanatory variable is the__temperatue_______
The response variable is the _____harvest of the crop_______