Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
MS6014 M2A1 Discussion - Time Value of Money
Assignment 1: Discussion—Time Value of Money
Time value of money analysis has many applications—both personally and professionally. The calculations can be performed using Microsoft Excel, factor tables, or a financial calculator to help make informed decisions, such as planning for retirement, loan decisions, and capital projects.
The concept of time value of money helps managers value cash flows and assess risk within the organizations.
In this assignment, you will discuss specific situations where the time value of money is applied in personal and professional situations.
- Share any professional and personal decisions you made in which the concept of time value of money was utilized and include the following:
- The specific decision for which you used time value of money.
- The manner in which you applied the concept.
- The tools you used to complete the analysis, including the timeline.
- An explanation of how using the concept helped you reach a more accurate decision than if time value of money had not been utilized.
Your response should consist of a minimum of 300 words and demonstrate critical thinking and analysis.
- Download the MS6014_M2A1_workbook.xlsx template, and using the appropriate Excel financial functions, do the following:
- Determine the present value of $75,000 discounted at 6% over 6 years.
- Determine the future value of $100,000 invested today at 4% for 5 years.
- Determine what monthly payment will need to be invested if you have $10,000 today and want it to grow to $100,000 over 20 years at 4.5%.
Copy and paste the results of task #2 into your post underneath your response to task #1.
- By Saturday, June 17, 2017, post your responses to this Discussion Area. Support your assumptions by citing the source material used for this discussion in APA format.
- Through Wednesday, June 21, 2017, read and respond to at least two other classmates' posts on at least two different days of the week. While responding, describe how you would react in situations described by your classmates and discuss additional situations where risk can play a role in decision making. Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course readings, Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences—professional or personal.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include APA citations of all sources, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
Provide substantive comments to at least two peers on a minimum of two different days by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
****** VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Please provide 2 questions with answers relating/pertaining to the discussion/assignment. Please make sure this is submitted with the assignment requested. *****