MTH 213 Week 3 Individual Assignment Text Problems
This file of MTH 213 Week 3 Discussion Question 2 contains:
Many current mathematics textbooks emphasize mental mathematics and estimation. Do you think these topics are important for students today? Explain your answer.
This pack of MTH 213 Week 3 Individual Assignment Text Problems includes answers to the next questions:
Place parentheses, if required, to make each of the following equations true
23. Jonah has a huge collection of marbles. He observes that if he borrows 5 marbles from an acquaintance, he can organize the marbles in rows of 13 each. What will be the remainder when he divides his actual number of marbles by 13?
15. Xuan saved $5340 during 3 years. If he saved $95 each month in the first year and an equal amount per month for the following 2 years, how much did he save per month in the last 2 years?
7. Calculate each of the following mentally. Briefly explain your method for each case.
Mathematical Connections 3-3 Exercise 2
2. Can 0 be the identity for multiplication? Discuss why or why not.
Mathematical Connections 3-5 Exercises.
5. Give different examples from real-life situations where an estimate, instead of an accurate answer is enough.
10. A student questions why he has to know about any estimation approach other than rounding. What will be your response?
15. Prove that ?x ?y= ?y-x, for all integers x and y.
18. Find all integers x, if there exist any, such that the following are true:
Evaluation 5-2 B
12. Prove that the distributive property of multiplication over addition, a (b+c) =ab+ac are true for all of the given values of a, b, and c:
13. Calculate the following:
17. Find the property of integers being illustrated in each of the following:
3. Without utilizing a calculator, test each of the following numbers for divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 11:
8. Create a test for divisibility by each of the following numbers:
Evaluation 5-4B 5. Find the prime factorizations of the following:
6. Assume the 435 members of the House of Representatives are positioned on committees having more than 2 members but less than 30 members. Every committee is to have an identical number of members and every member can be on just one committee.
6. A movie rental store hands out free popcorn to every fourth customer and a without charge movie rental to every sixth customer. Use the number-line method to find which customer was first to get both prizes.
11. The principal of Valley Elementary School wishes to divide each of the three fourth-grade classes into little same