Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
n this assignment you will demonstrate your understanding of the Utility Principle from Act Utilitarianism. You will also use the Utility Principle
n this assignment you will demonstrate your understanding of the Utility Principle from Act Utilitarianism. You will also use the Utility Principle to help Ebony resolve her ethical dilemma in the "Loyalty or Duty" case you considered in Ch. 4
Follow the directions below.
- Review Case #11, "Loyalty or Duty," on pgs. 608-609 in Ethics Applied 8.0.
- Retrieve and review your Identification and Analysis assignment from Ch. 4. In particular, you will need to have your analysis chart including your options and stakeholders.
- Start your Act Utilitarianism Application Assignment by stating (word for word, exactly as it appears on pg. 130 of Ethics Applied) the Utility Principle. Then, explain what that principle means. Be sure to include how the classical utilitarians understand what's "good."
- Next, calculate the expected "net utility" of each option from your analysis chart. Be sure to discuss whether and why each stakeholder would be happy or unhappy about the outcome of that choice, then assign their numbers. Show your work and explain your reasoning. You may use another chart (per the textbook and video), but I still want to see some reasoning about why you assign the values you choose.
- Lastly, on the basis of the net utility calculations you've performed, state clearly which option the Utility Principle would tell Ebony to choose.
Be sure the assignment is according to proper academic standards and with appropriate formatting (either MLA or APA). That includes such things as setting the line spacing to double, 1" margins, and 12 pt. font.