Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Needing help Business Admin. Capstone week 4 writing assignment
*PLEASE READ THE ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY* ALSO, THE MORE INFORMATION THE BETTER.
The companies that I want to use in this paper is Kimberly-Clark and Proctor & Gamble. Please read the Summary attached below.
Assignment 2: External and Internal EnvironmentsDue Week 4 and worth 350 points
Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University's online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
- Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two (2) forces in the recent past.
- With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
- Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
- Give your opinion on the corporation's greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
- Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they can create value using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industry and its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.
IMPORTANT – Read the instructions and then read the summary (page 124) to help you focus on what you need to include in the paper. Be sure to read the text carefully; it will tell you the SPECIFIC POINTS to write about. (Be sure to include the text in your references.)
Point 1 – When you choose 2 segments of the general environment, describe each before you address how each affects the company AND the industry.
Point 2) When you examine 2 of Porter’s Forces, describe each and then discuss how each affects the company AND how the company has responded RECENTLY.
Point 3) Give solid, specific recommendations supported by solid arguments about how the company should respond to those 2 forces in Point 2;
Point 4) From your SWOT analysis, discuss the threats AND opportunities for the company. ALSO, recommend the actions the company should take regarding BOTH the threats and opportunities.
Point 5) Assess the company’s strengths and weaknesses and SUPPORT your points with evidence (even if it is your opinion). Which strategy or tactic should the company use to maximize its efforts?
Point 6) Fully discuss the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies. Be specific.
Point 7) Describe the company’s VALUE CHAIN to find a recommendation for improving it.