Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Overpopulation is a major concern in US prisons. Partly in response to the overpopulation problem, broad bipartisan support in both chambers of Congress passed the Bill H.R.1593, the Second Chance Act
Overpopulation is a major concern in US prisons. Partly in response to the overpopulation problem, broad bipartisan support in both chambers of Congress passed the Bill H.R.1593, the Second Chance Act of 2007: Community Safety Through Recidivism Prevention, more commonly known as The Second Chance Act. This legislation was designed to help reduce recidivism and to facilitate offenders’ reentry into the community.
The features of the legislation included programs aimed at reducing the prison population toward making communities safer. The programs also targeted at improving drug treatment programs, increasing and extending community corrections placement, and enhancing and improving supervision options.
In the annual federal budgeting process the president asks for the funding for the program but it is up to the House and Senate to appropriate the funding.
By the due date assigned, in a minimum of 300 words, research the Second Chance Act using the resources provided and your own research, and post the responses to the following questions to the Discussion Area:
- What do you think is the most pressing problem facing the American Prison System today? Why? Support your position with examples.
- What role can probation and parole play in addressing this problem? How?
- Do you support the funding and continuation of the Second Chance Act? Support your position with examples for why you support or do not support the Act.
- If so, what arguments would you present to the Senate Appropriations Committee to extend the program?
- If not, what arguments would you propose in opposition? Explain your answers.
You may use the links below to help you get started.
Second Chance FY12 sign-on letter.
Through the end of the module, review the postings of your fellow classmates. Respond to at least one of your classmates by posing a discerning question, making an observation, commenting on a new or novel idea or concept, or sharing an experience or insight you gained from their discussion post.