Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Persuasively Speaking: Analyzing Persuasive Writing through Great American – English SpeechesPurpose: To explore techniques and strategies used in written as well as delivered speeches or other type
Persuasively Speaking: Analyzing Persuasive Writing through Great American – English Speeches
Purpose: To explore techniques and strategies used in written as well as delivered speeches or other types of persuasive writing and analyze the rhetoric and its effectiveness.
Process: Rhetoric and Persuasion
We have learned about Ethos, Pathos and Logos as these classic roots of persuasion utilized in early discussions, writings and advertisements to help us to break down the process of effective speech. This in turn helps writers of persuasion to analyze the deliberate act of choosing the right words and the appropriate support for their arguments and writing moving it to a more personal level. As we move forward in this course, you first analyze and then become writers of persuasion, even in this assignment.
Analysis of fallacies and illogical thinking seems to be necessary in evaluation of persuasive writing and effective speaking as it then can be recognized in your own writing. Therefore, the application of research or support to your own arguments is essential in your writing of this paper and others. Moreover, you may address if a speech or an argument is based on faulty thinking can be labeled effective or innovative.
Identifying the rhetoric in a speech and specific points of rhetoric that create calls to action also need to be noted or the lack of. The effectiveness of this rhetoric and specific examples are to be used to support your claims and will be required together with other researched supporting documents and expert opinions.
The overall message from such selected speeches is also part of your research and analysis.
Your assignment: A list of speeches will be given to you in which to select for analysis...
- Select a speech to analyze
- If available watch video of that speech
- Rhetorical Analysis of the speech -Identify Elements of Rhetoric
- Define and narrow your focus of which rhetorical elements you will be addressing in your analysis
- Watch out for fallacies and if appropriate to your thesis – maker mention and add support to your main body paragraphs
- Do a close reading of your speech and write several drafts as you move from brainstorming to final draft.
- Paper length 4-6 pages
- Include transcript of speech with final draft
- Rough drafts and outlines will be required and for class peer reviews
- Writing Center Revision – optional +10 with SLC proof
- MLA style and at least 4 sources and citations in text and a work cited page, to include the speech you are referencing.
- Martin Luther King – I Have a Dream
- John F. Kennedy - Inauguration Speech
- Ronald Reagan Challenger Address to Nation
- Malala or President Obama – Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance and Lecture
- Declaration of Independence
- Winston Churchill -We shall Fight them on the Beaches
- R.K. Rowling: Harvard Commencement speech
- Oprah Winfrey –Golden Globe Awards Speech
Commencement Speeches -
- Ronald Reagan Berlin Wall
- George Bush – After 9/11
- Barack Obama - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9NwKAjmt
- John McCain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8K90zFgUE
- Hilary Clinton -Women’s Rights- 4. Hillary Clinton, ‘Women’s Rights Are Human Rights’ (1995)
- President Clinton - https://www.clintonlibrary.gov
- Megan McCain - Eulogy - https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/01/meghan-mccain-john-mccain-funeral-speech-full-vpx.cnn
- King George VI Sept 1939 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkMyKGx7TQ
- Michelle Obama – Selected Speeches
- George HW Bush - https://www.bushcenter.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-L2Tw4uo4AIVBFcNCh0h4w_1EAAYAiAAEgJqLfD_BwE
- Maya Angelou - http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/maya-angelou-speeches/index.html