A good approach to analyzing cases is found in the “Analyzing Cases Appendix” on page 343. Additionally, I have included a series of questions for your review. The purpose of these questions is to help focus and guide your thoughts while analyzing the case. You want to address these questions; however, don’t stop there. That approach will earn you, at best, a B for the assignment. Use the questions to spur even further analysis and recommendations.
You will be more successful if your write-up takes the perspective of executives who must arrive at a definite conclusion and specific recommendations. Your recommendations should be based on information & resources available at the time of the case. Don’t base recommendations on technological breakthroughs or developments that have happened since the time of the case.
Your final write-up should take the form of a business report that includes an executive summary, analysis section, alternative(s) identification, and recommendation(s).
Your executive summary should be no more than 2 pages and the analysis, alternatives and recommendation sections should not exceed 8 pages. The maximum length of your write-up is 10 pages, not including a cover page and illustrations. You may add as many charts, graphs or illustrations as you need to reinforce your analysis.
1. Please use a font size of 11 or 12 and single space your paper. Please make sure that you clearly identify your Team’s submission by including:
a. Your class, section and semester
Guiding Questions to Consider
1. Why has the pharmaceutical industry been so successful historically?
2. What is your assessment of the pharmaceutical industry at the time of the case? How is competition changing? What factors are driving the changes?
3. What will competition in pharmaceuticals look like in 10 years?
4. What is your assessment of Pfizer’s position in the industry? What are the keys to success in the industry?
5. What recommendations would you make to Kindler