Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Professor James ONLY
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Produce the Assignment submission in a single Microsoft Word or Open Office document. Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
• Length: At least 1500 words (about six double-spaced pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Each topic should be discussed in your essay.
• Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. The title page and the reference page are not counted toward the required word count. Be sure to answer all questions. There should be clear headings in your paper that shows each section you are addressing.
• References: At least 3 references are required, include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
• Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type.
• Submission: Submit your assignment to the Drop Box
1. Visit the U.S. Sentencing Commission (USSC) on the Web at: http://www.ussc.gov. Review the most recent publications and reports to Congress available at that site and identify the current issues in federal sentencing. List and describe these issues. Also view the USCC employment opportunities listed at the site and summarize the information about the Judicial Fellows Program.
2. Sentencing varies greatly from crime to crime. Conduct online research into 3 similar crimes that occurred in 3 different states. Read into the cases and the sentencing for each. Then write a short description of each crime that includes the sentencing. Then explain why the sentencing was different for each crime (if it was) and whether you agree with it.
3. Describe the five goals of contemporary criminal sentencing. Which of these goals do you think ought to be the primary goal of sentencing? How might your choice vary with the type of offense? In what circumstances might your choice be less acceptable?
4. Describe the history of victims' rights in the US. What role does the victim play in criminal justice proceedings today? Do you think the victim should have a greater role? Explain your answer.