Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Question 1:Dumping in Dixie: Race, Class, and Environmental Quality (Bullard)Please discuss at least two reasons pollution seems to impact minority communities in the South. The article discusses in
Dumping in Dixie: Race, Class, and Environmental Quality (Bullard)
- Please discuss at least two reasons pollution seems to impact minority communities in the South.
- The article discusses institutional racism. Can you identify what that is and how it impacts the amount of pollution in those areas?
- What other social factors were mentioned in the article besides “just race” in the environmental crisis of this area?
- What does the article state are the reasons civil rights groups haven’t gotten involved in this environmental problem of the South?
Problems of Place: The Southern Californian Sprawlhttp://www.socialexplorer.com/SpiceMap/?v=9ed9abc36f0242c9
- Define urban sprawl and explain how the people of Los Angeles stay connected geographically to this area.
- Discuss why so many people have moved to this area in the last 40 years. What are the reasons the suburbs have been created?
- Where does the map (Slide 5) show that most of the building growth has taken place and why?
- What are some positive reasons to live in this area? And what are the environmental negative consequences described by these slides?
- If you worked for an environmental protection agency, what would you say is the most important pollution problem of that area? What solutions do you propose?