Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Question 1 The period of Texas\' political independence has contributed to the state\'s political culture because it fostered individualistic beliefs...
The period of Texas' political independence has contributed to the state's political culture because
- it fostered individualistic beliefs that make Texans less reliant on the national government for assistance.
- Texans learned how difficult it was to survive without the protection of the U. S. government.
- this period of the state's history was when cultural diversity became evident in Texas.
- it ensured the dominance of Roman Catholicism in the state.
Although its responsibilities are primarily executive and legislative, the county commissioners court has important judicial functions as well.Answers:
George W. Bush is known as the Father of Texas Education.Answers:
Population trends in Texas indicate that
- Hispanics will become Texas's largest single population by 2030 if migration trends remain as they were over the past 20 years.
- Anglos will remain the majority population group in Texas through at least 2060.
- African-Americans will become the population majority by 2020.
- Texas will witness steadily rising standards of living.
The county tax assessor-collector
- appraises all real estate in the county for taxation by all taxing authorities in the county.
- collects license fees for motor vehicles.
- appraises all real estate in the county for taxation by the county government only.
- collects a state property tax.
The State of Texas gets most of its state revenue from a state income tax.
As a reaction to E. J. Davis's abuse of power, Texas judges are now appointed by the State Legislature.
The ____ theory of economic and social development holds that if business flourishes, everyone will benefit from the prosperity that follows.
- hidden hand
- golden rule
- big brother
- basic needs
The Texas political culture has been heavily influenced by
- the migration of people to Texas from the North and Northeast.
- the military industrial complex that is so important to the Texas economy.
- the early settlers of the state, which included Baptists, farmers, and slave owners.
- an early influx of British colonists.
The second largest area of expenditure in the Texas state budget is for transportation costs.
A progressive tax is one that
- levies a flat rate for all taxpayers, regardless of income.
- taxes those at higher income levels at a higher rate.
- places a greater tax burden on those at lower income levels.
- taxes those at lower income levels at a higher rate.
- In Texas counties, the county clerk's office is responsible forAnswers:maintaining the county jail.
- registering voters.
- maintaining public records.
- prosecuting civil and criminal cases.
- collecting property taxes.
Constitutions written during the post-Reconstruction era severely weakened the powers of the Governor.
- Which of the following nations is not represented among the Six Flags of Texas?
- A. Spain
- B. Republic of Texas
- C. Great Britain
- D. Confederate States of America
- E. Mexico
Under the Texas Constitution, counties are administrative extensions of the state.
Elazar's "traditionalistic" political culture is characterized byAnswers:a belief in elite rule.
- the promotion of racist policies.
- a high level of voter participation.
- historic dominance by the Democratic Party.
- intolerance of political corruption.
A primary motive of the delegates who attended the Constitutional Convention of 1875 was
- to provide adequate representation of the urban interests in the state.
- to continue support for the policies of the E. J. Davis administration.
- to be protective of big-business interests.
- to limit the powers, salaries, and terms of office of statewide officials.
Which of the following best describes the reasoning of the people who drafted the 1876 Constitution?
- the delegates were more interested in correcting Reconstruction problems than in future challenges.
- the delegates only intended to make slight changes in the 1869 Constitution.
- urban interests were of utmost importance in the considerations of the delegates.
- the delegates were determined to protect the interests of black citizens.
The empresario system was used to
- protect Spanish and Mexican land titles during the Civil War.
- offer cheap land to Americans who agreed to colonize the Mexican colony of Tejas.
- negotiate treaties with Native Americans for the purpose of giving their land to Anglo settlers.
- create the separation of powers under our current state constituiton.
Because of the many amendments to the Texas Constitution, it is a very up-to-date document.
The Texas State Constitution has been amended to include many of the policies that are part of the Progressive Era.
The most common type of municipal election in Texas is single member district and partisan.
General obligation bonds
- A. Are used to finance routine government projects that do not generate incom