Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Review Read Backpack Literature: Chapters 9, 13, 14, 16 Brooks' quot;We Real Coolquot; (Backpack Literature, pg.
Poetry Short Essays Instructions
Directions: Be thorough in responding to the writing prompts (plan a minimum of 75 words for each question with examples from the text, where appropriate, and demonstration of academic language usage). Cite any sources, other than your opinion, that you use for analyzing these stories.
Brooks ("We Real Cool") Short Essays
1. Brooks has stated that she consciously uses rhythm, lineation, rhyme, tone, and theme as instruments to create meaning in her writing. Describe how she employs these elements in her poem, "We Real Cool" to convey her attitude and final message toward the protagonists in the poem.
2. After a close reading of the poem, describe influences from Brooks' life and from the times during which the poem was written. Explore your text, APU's library and electronic databases, and other academically credible sources to build background for answering this question. Be sure to cite your sources.
Frost ("Mending Wall") Short Essays
1. At the center of the poem is a contrast between two ways to regard mending a wall. Describe how the different temperaments of the speaker and neighbor are manifested through wording, description, speech, and thoughts. Describe which viewpoint reflects the poet's sympathies best, and why.
2. After a close reading of the poem, describe how Frost uses several effective literary elements to make his points.
Browning ("My Last Duchess") Reflection Questions
1. Describe the storyline. What happened to the duke's "last duchess," and describe the changes revealed in duke's personality over the span of the poem. What is the little "surprise" that he reveals toward the end of the poem, and what was your reaction to it? (You might have to read the poem carefully several times to uncover and understand this part of the poem.)
2. Describe the background of the poem; what is its most likely historical basis? How does knowing this background enrich your understanding (or does it?)? Explore your text, APU's library and electronic databases, and other academically credible sources to build background for answering this question. Be sure to cite your sources.