Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
BOOK REPORT FORMATSociology 1010
Choose a book from the approved book list. Read the book and complete a book report according to the following format:
I. INTRODUCTION (half to a full page)
Include information about the book such as title, author(s), publisher, and publication date. Do some research and include some professional background information on the author(s) and other books he/she may have written. Indicate the source of your information.
II. SUMMARY (full page)
This is an overview of the book. A summary is a shortened version of the original. The main purpose of such a simplification is to highlight the major points from the genuine (much longer) subject. A summary contains neither interpretation nor rating. Only the opinion of the original writer is reflected – paraphrased with new words without quotations from the text. Unlike a retelling, a summary has no dramatic structure and is written in present tense or historic present.Since the instructor has read most of these books, this section is to give him confirmation that you actually read the book. Highlights are adequate and details will be in the next sections.
III. MAIN PHILOSOPHICAL IDEAS (full page)
This section is to point out the main philosophy of the author regarding the subject matter. What are the author's major premises? How does the author support or develop his or her point of view and what evidence is used? What sociological ideas, concepts, theories, models or research presented in class can be related (positively or negatively) to the content of the book? What are the major conclusions offered in the book? What are the implications for resolving the problem(s) discussed?
IV. PERSONAL ASSESSMENT AND CONCLUSION (two pages minimum)
What did you find most meaningful in the book? Are you in agreement with the main premise or conclusions of the author? Why or why not? Do you believe the author's premises and conclusions are supported by processes and trends in society as you see them? What are your own conclusions about the usefulness of the book? What is your own personal evaluation of this book in terms of readability, quality, and impact upon your own views?
V. WRITING REQUIREMENTS
Your paper must be typed, printed, and a hard copy turned into the instructor during class.
- Papers must have a title page and should be center justified in descending order 10-15 spaces from the top: Title of the paper (bold), your name, the course name and number, the name of the instructor, the name of the university, and the semester and year.
- Double-space the body of the paper using a font no larger than 12 points and no smaller than 10 points.
- Indent paragraphs and double-space between paragraphs.
- Right, left, top, and bottom margins of the paper should be 1 inch.
- Papers should not be written using a bulleted or numbered format, nor should questions for the assignment be repeated in headings or in the body of the text.
- Papers should be written in a narrative style with smooth transitions between paragraphs.
- References or citations should follow APA format guidelines (an abstract is not required).