Stat 250 DAA
Experts believe that 20% of all freshwater fish in the United States have such a high level of mercury that they are dangerous to eat. Suppose a fish market has 250 fish tested and 60 of them have dangerous levels of mercury. Test the hypothesis that this sample is not from a population with 20% dangerous fish. Use a = 0.10.
- State the null and alternative hypotheses.
- State the significance level for this problem.
- List the conditions that allow you to use the test statistic, and, if appropriate, calculate the test statistic.
- Calculate the p-value and include the probability notation statement.
- State whether you reject or do not reject the null hypothesis.
- State your conclusion in context of the problem (i.e. interpret your results).
- Use StatCrunch to verify your test statistic and p-value.
The tutor is currently answering this question.
Please check back later.