Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Statistics for Psychology Homework 1-Due Tuesday September 8th at 1pm *Note that this is due on a Tuesday because of Labor Day Adapted from Aron, Coups, & Aron (2013) This assignment has 5 questio
Statistics for PsychologyHomework 1-Due Tuesday September 8th at 1pm
*Note that this is due on a Tuesday because of Labor Day Adapted from Aron, Coups, & Aron (2013)
This assignment has 5 questions. A table on page 2 of this assignment will help you answer #5.
1. A participant in a cognitive psychology study is given 50 words to remember and later asked to recall as many of the words as she can. She recalls 17 words. What is the (a) variable, (b) possible values, and (c) score?
2. Define and give an example for each of the following types of variables:(a) equal-interval, (b) rank-order, (c) nominal, (d) ratio, (e) continuous, (f) discrete Be sure to define AND give an example
3. Explain to someone how has never taken a statistics course the meaning of a grouped frequency table.
4. Make up and draw an example of each of the following distributions: (a) bimodal, (b) approximately rectangular, and (c) positively skewed.Be sure to make up an example AND provide a drawing.
5. Raskauskas and Stolz (2007) asked a group of 84 adolescents about their involvement in traditional and electronic bullying. Defined as “...a means of bullying in which peers use electronics [such as text messages, emails, and defmaing Web sites] to taunt, threaten, harass, and/or intimidate a peer” (p. 565). Table 1-10 (on the next page) is a frequency table showing the adolescents’ reported incidence of being victims or perpetrators of traditional and electronic bullying. (a) Using this table as an example, explain the idea of a frequency table to a person who has never had a course in statistics. (b) Explain the general meaning of the pattern of results.