The Ethical Dilemma in International Business
For this discussion activity, respond to the following prompts:
- Explain why one should be ethical when operating an international business.
- Although ethics is not the same as self-interest, can one always do well, by doing good? In other words, can one be successful in business (monetarily) solely by doing good (morally)?
- If a business's ultimate objective is to make the world better, explain how this could be best achieved ethically.
In response to your colleagues, discuss why it is beneficial to study business ethics.
Things to Remember!
- Post a 2 to 4 paragraph discussion post (300 words minimum). Justify your explanations by including in-text citations and your references in APA format as applicable.
- Post your primary response on the discussion board. Be sure to review your writing for grammar and spelling before posting. Read any postings already provided by your instructor or fellow students.
- Mitchell, C. (2009). A short course in international business ethics: Combining ethics and profits in global business. Petaluma, CA: World Trade Press. Retrieved from http://vlib.excelsior.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=438230&scope=site
- Chapter 1: Why Ethics Matter (12 pages)
- Chapter 5: Codifying Business Ethics (9 pages)
- Chapter 11: Managing an International Corporate Ethics Program (12 pages)