Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 came in response to a series of corporate and accounting scandals in the 1990s. According to Kaya and Banerjee (2015), corporate governance gained benefits differently b
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 came in response to a series of corporate and accounting scandals in the 1990s. According to Kaya and Banerjee (2015), corporate governance gained benefits differently between the time before and after SOX 2002. Explain and discuss some of the impact of SOX corporate governance and audit quality. Discuss the conclusions from the article. Can you provide an example of how SOX 2002 reduced the degree and number of accounting fraud in US publicly traded firms?
Please read the case study and answer the questions that follow. Case Study: Hollinger International—https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-for-accounting-ethics/sites/ca.centre-for-accounting-ethics/files/uploads/files/hollinger_case_v10.pdf
Conrad Moffat Black, the owner, was a colorful individual. He owned many publishing companies, including the Chicago Tribune. He had no problem in cutting corners to get what he wanted. Many of the board members of the firm were close associates of Mr. Black’s.
- How did upper management set into motion an unethical environment?
- What might be the ethical theory that could explain Mr. Black’s character and behavior? Why?
- Could a standard of duty operate within a Black-owned company?
- What ethical theory could the board of directors engage or apply in the oversight of Mr. Black?
- What might be your actions if you worked for a firm owned by Mr. Black? Based on what ethical theory, and why?
- Your written paper should be 4-5 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s homepage.
Review the Module 6 Critical Thinking rubric for full details on how you will be graded on this assignment.