Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
This has two parts. You will need access to the "Hot Spots" Discussion Forum where we collected information about apparel and textile sourcing partners in the world. Upon successful completion of thi
This has two parts.
You will need access to the "Hot Spots" Discussion Forum where we collected information about apparel and textile sourcing partners in the world.
Upon successful completion of this exercise, you will have completed Learning Objectives in Modules 10-13. This discussion focuses on current events and applying what’s happening in the world today and how it might affect sourcing of textiles and apparel.
1. Practical: Adventure! (20 points) Recommended the you post by 7/2 so others can respond.
Assume you are ready for a global adventure and are seeking a job in which you could be employed at least part of the time in a foreign country. You will be involved in textiles and apparel sourcing. And it doesn't matter if you know the language or not; you'll learn it while you are there or they may speak English.
- Which of the data presented in Tables 9.2, 10.2, 11.2 and 12.2 in your textbook would help you in deciding the countries you might like to consider? Select your top three statistics (now your criteria for selecting a country) from the tables. State them in your posting.
- Now, can you think of 2 additional kinds of information--anything from anywhere-- you'd like to know about a country that are not included in the above tables? Anything! That's a total of 5 criteria you would use to help you decide which countries are best.
- Select 3 countries; you may only choose from the Hot Spots in the World countries (below is the list).
- Create a chart with the 5 criteria across the top and the three countries you chose down the left side of the chart.
- Fill in the chart. Find the information you don't have.
- Post by end of 7/2.
2. Current Events: this is the tricky part. (20 points)
- Go look at the other charts created by students.
- Select a student who does not already have a reply and whose chart interests you. Maybe there's a country that sounds more interesting to you. You can make comments on as many countries as you want, but be sure at least one has all the requirements from immediately below. Respond to someone's response!
- Select one of the countries posted by the student for an adventure and now look up what’s happening in that country by using the research in "Hot Spots" Discussion" Forum.
- Reply to the post and In the reply, conclude with whether you think this country is a good or maybe not-so-good choice for an adventure--and why! Remember that people travel all over the world from DFW on business every day. Think about what sourcing personnel care about: currency, political stability, labor force, etc.
- ...and include links to 2-3 current news articles--include a 1 sentence summary about what's happening supporting your conclusion. Do not post about the population increasing, or facts like that, look for what is currently happening in that nation. You may use links in the Hot Spots or links that are more current.
- Add any thoughts you have about what's going or what you know!
Good work, good information and good thinking may result is a few bonus points! Be brief, be bright, be done!
List of Countries:
BangladeshBrazilCambodiaChinaColombiaDominican RepublicEgyptEl SalvadorFranceGuatemalaHaitiHondurasIndiaIndonesiaIndonesiaIsraelItalyJordanLesothoMexicoNicaraguaPakistanPeruSingaporeSouth KoreaSpainSri LankaTaiwanTurkeyUnited KingdomVietnam