Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
To prepare:Fill in the details of this scenario. Choose a group that you would advocate for based on your experience or interests, and identify a focus of their proposal based on a realistic need. Co
- Fill in the details of this scenario. Choose a group that you would advocate for based on your experience or interests, and identify a focus of their proposal based on a realistic need.
- Consider that The Board’s funding contract has a clause about serving the whole community.
- Consider which strategy you learned about this week - either the “foot-in-the-door” strategy or the “door-in-the-face” compliance strategy - would be more effective in working with The Board; the goal is to get The Board to the meeting to hear your group’s proposal.
- Consider how to use cognitive-dissonance theory to persuade a change in view by The Board in your scenario.
3- to 5-page paper that includes the following:
- Using either the foot-in-the-door strategy or the door-in-the-face strategy, explain how you will get The Board to attend an information meeting about the group’s proposal.
- Explain in enough detail to demonstrate that you understand the strategy, and why you believe the strategy you chose will work to motivate The Board to come to the meeting.
- Assume your strategy worked and The Board is now at the meeting where your group is going to present their proposal. Your next goal is to get the board to feel dissonance. Explain why you want the Board to experience dissonance. Next, based on your readings, discuss the specific activity that will believe will induce these feelings and why you chose this activity.
- Based on the techniques to relieve dissonance discussed in Chapter 11, describe an activity you will provide at the meeting to help The Board relieve their feelings of dissonance, and explain why your activity will be effective in helping them to relieve their dissonance. Why will relieving the Board’s dissonance be an important part of your meeting with them?
- Evaluate the ethics of using these compliance strategies and explain your reasoning based on specific ethical guidelines.