Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Two assignments (SAME TOPIC). 6 total pages. Due 7/26/2017! Health care management. MUST BE 100% PLAGARISM FREE AND ON TIME!!!
APA FORMAT & 3 SCHOLARLY REFERENCES
The use of health information technology (HIT) has increased dramatically over the past decade, resulting in the federal government enacting several pieces of legislation such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act of 2009. Continuing to build on your proposal for a healthcare facility from Weeks 1 and 2, you are assigned to research and discuss the following:
- Discuss the financial and health benefits that can be realized by implementing an electronic health record (EHR).
- Research and explain the estimated cost of implementing an EHR and the estimated cost of managing an EHR over the long run.
- Discuss current security concerns surrounding HIT and the EHR.
- Discuss how electronic health records can be used for decision-making and problem-solving.
- Choose 1 piece of federal legislation (e.g., HIPAA, HITECH Act, Meaningful Use), and discuss the requirements that legislation imposes on the use of HIT and the EHR.
4 PAGES/APA FORMAT & 3 SCHOLARLY REFERENCES
Building on your Weeks 1 through 3, you must now identify and discuss some o the legal and ethical considerations that must be taken into account in constructing your proposed healthcare facility. You are required to include the following:
- Define and discuss the differences between licensure, certification, and accreditation as they relate to health care facilities.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring its facility is licensed, certified, and accredited. When discussing licensure requirements, ensure that you research requirements based on the state in which you reside.
- Define and discuss the differences between the licensure and certification as they relate to healthcare providers or professionals.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring its staff members are licensed and certified.
- Research and discuss an accrediting body that will provide accreditation to the facility you are proposing. Ensure that you provide a history of the organization, what types of facilities they accredit, and how the organization has impacted the quality of health care in the United States.