Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Virtual Lab: Nutrition Diary Access the Nutrition Lab: http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/virtual_labs_2K8/labs/BL_15/index.html 1. Read the background information found under the “Question” area first
Virtual Lab: Nutrition Diary
Access the Nutrition Lab: http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/virtual_labs_2K8/labs/BL_15/index.html
1. Read the background information found under the “Question” area first, and then continue on to reading the procedure information posted there as well.
2. Click on the “Nutrition Facts Label Guidebook” on the lower portion of the activity area and read through the information presented. You should also click on the “Daily Calories Chart” for additional information regarding individual energy requirements and expenditures.
a. Based on the Daily Caloric Recommendations Chart, I should consume approximately _____________ calories a day.
b. The three factors I used to decide on this number were ____________, _____________ and _________________.
3. Pick today (or a day this week) and document what you ate (as close as possible) by selecting a food items and dragging them to the various meal times in the laboratory area.
4. Make sure that you note each food choice made (and the number of servings) in Table I below.
5. When you are done your day, please be sure to note the information from your “Daily Nutritional Values” graph in Table II.
Fats, oils and sweets
% Daily Value
Total Calories for Menu: _________
When you are finished, answer all of the questions:
· Did your food choices follow the government's recommendations for calories and nutrients? Were the calories you ate too high or too low?
· What changes do you need to make to your food choices in order to get close to the recommendations?
· Do any of the items you selected provide more than 30% in any nutritional area? If so, which foods and which nutrients?
· What did you notice about the food group icons in your Daily Meals area? Did you favor a specific food group? Explain.
· How can you use the Nutrition Facts label to make healthy decisions?
· What did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?