Impressionism Vs. Out-of-Doors Urban
Please respond to the following discussion topic and submit it to the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length. Then, make at least two thoughtful responses to your fellow students’ posts.
Describe the relationship between Impressionism and the out-of-doors urban scene in Paris.Copyright Grantham University 2014. All Rights Reserved
Week 2 Assignment "Artwork Review"
Introduction to Modern Art
Answer all three of the following questions per work of art shown below. You should reference your book to aid you in answering these questions. Answers should be in essay format, be a minimum of three-five sentences each, and include at least three terms from the glossary for each work..
- “Claude Monet painting in his Studio Boat,” by Edouard Manet (1874) (Kleiner, fig. 28-2*B* p.843).
- How does this work follow the Impressionist style?
- What painting technique did the artist use?
- What social issues does this painting address?
- “The Tub,” Edgar Degas
- What formal quality did this artist explore?
- How did his medium contribute to the appearance of his work?
- What Modernist interest does he investigate?
- “Vision after the Sermon,” Paul Gauguin,
- What fundamental differences exist between Gauguin and the Impressionists?
- Why did Gauguin move to Pont-Aven?
- How does he reject both Realism and Impressionism in this painting?