Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Write a 1750 - 2000 words essay on ONE OF THE FOLLOWING topics. [APA STYLE, 12 PTS TIMES NEW ROMAN, ADD TITLEPAGE, REFERENCE PAGE] 1. Was the “bicycle craze” of the late-nineteenth-century emancipatin
Write a 1750 - 2000 words essay on ONE OF THE FOLLOWING topics. [APA STYLE, 12 PTS TIMES NEW ROMAN, ADD TITLEPAGE, REFERENCE PAGE]
1. Was the “bicycle craze” of the late-nineteenth-century emancipating for women’s physical activity? Be sure to consider all sides of the debate.
2. Write an essay on the history of one or more modern First Nations’ multi-sport events (e.g., North American Indigenous Games, Northern Games, World Indigenous Games). How are Indigenous sports, games, pastimes, and cultural traditions incorporated into these events? What are the aims and achievements of these events?
3. Write a history of ParticipAction Canada. What were the circumstances and pressures that led to its creation? What were its accomplishments and shortcomings? What led to its demise and eventual re-establishment?
4. Amateurism was the dominant ethos in late-nineteenth-century Canadian sport, yet baseball (a largely professional game) was one of the most popular summer sports. How do you account for this apparent contradiction? How did the amateur movement react to baseball’s popularity?
Goal: Research a topic relevant to the history of physical activity and leisure in Canada and write a research paper that addresses the relevant issues.
Remember to consider the broader socio-historic context when researching and writing your essay.
Essays must include a minimum of:
- one (1) primary source: e.g., contemporary newspaper accounts, archival documents, photographs Note: if a photograph is used as a primary source it should be considered for its historical relevance and not used only as an illustration.
- four (4) secondary sources, i.e., published, peer-reviewed works of historical scholarship.