Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
you are required to write a one or two page paper on a mathematical topic. The paper is worth up to 25 points in the class, which is half a test, so take it seriously. I encourage you to write about a
you are required to write a one or two page paper on a mathematical topic. The paper is worth up to 25 points in the class, which is half a test, so take it seriously. I encourage you to write about a topic in mathematics that is interesting to you, or that relates in some way to your chosen major. Here is a list of sample topics that you may choose from, but you may create your own topic as well.
. Take a topic from the course, approximate integrals for example, and write about when and where they are used outside of the classroom.
2. Mathematics has long been considered a basic skill, similar to writing or reading. Do you feel this is justified? What benefit do people get from studying mathematics?
3. Was mathematics created or discovered?
4. People who work in mathematics and science sometimes say, ”Math is beautiful.” What do you think they mean by this? Do you think math is beautiful?
5. What impact has the progress of computers and calculators had on mathematics education? Has this impact been positive or negative?
6. Galileo is supposed to have said, ”Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.” What do you think he meant? Do you agree with him?
7. How is mathematics used in your major or future career? Does mathematical knowledge help people in your field succeed?
The paper must be typed, double spaced, and one or two pages long. Any lines giving your name, the assignment, my name, the date, or anything else at the beginning do not count toward the length of the paper. You should use a professional font, such as Calibri, Arial, Times New Roman, or Helvetica. The margins should be one inch on all sides.
The paper will be graded by the following criteria: • Content - 10 points. The information presented in the paper should be true. Any opinions stated should be supported by evidence or logical argument. All statements should be clear and understandable. • Organization - 10 points. The paper should have a clear beginning and ending. The purpose or main argument of the paper should be immediately obvious. There should be no grammatical or spelling mistakes or, at least they should not obscure the readability of the paper. • Basic Requirements - 5 points. The paper is an appropriate length, and stays on topic. If you have any questions about this assignment feel free to email me or come by my office.