Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Your company is considering entering a new market and has asked you to conduct some research and prepare a presentation about the new market and its potential competitors. Choose a major U.S. company,
Your company is considering entering a new market and has asked you to conduct some research and prepare a presentation about the new market and its potential competitors. Choose a major U.S. company, research the company and the market(s) in which it competes, and prepare a presentation of 10–12 PowerPoint slides (with detailed speaker notes). Using information from the business press, AIU’s Library, IBIS World, and the Internet, address the following in your presentation:
- Describe the firm, including such information as its products and annual sales.
- Describe the product market(s) in which it operates.
- Which of the four market models that you are studying applies most closely? Explain.
- Be sure to define terms like oligopoly or monopolistic competition.
- What is the geographic market that it serves? Does it operate in only one region of the United States? Does it operate nationally or internationally? Explain.
- Who are its competitors?
- As part of the market description, identify the largest 2–4 firms in the market, and report their total market sales.
- Provide a description of each of these firms.
- Explain whether competition from these firms poses a threat to the firm you have chosen for the paper.
- As part of the description of the firm, identify, describe, and explain at least 2 economic concepts that this firm seems to use to its advantage.
- Examples might include product differentiation; attainment of economies of scale; advertising; whether the firm is regional, national, or international; and so on.
- You may include an explanation of how any significant recent events or changes in this market have affected this firm. Examples are mergers and acquisitions, technological change, legal issues, whether market demand is expanding, and so on.
- Provide your evaluation of how this firm might better respond to the challenges it faces.
Please note the following:
- The following are some questions that you might use as guidelines while you are preparing your presentation (answering these questions directly is not required):
- What are the firm’s strong points?
- What challenges is the firm facing?
- Is it expanding into new product lines or new geographic areas?
- How intense is the threat from competitors?
- Are there any changes in technology that threaten it?
- Is the market expanding or contracting?
- IBIS World Industry Reports are available through AIU’s Library in the Find Articles and E-books section of the e-Resources area.
- These slides will provide you with a map that you will use when you prepare your paper submission for Unit 4.
Present your information, with appropriate pictures and graphics, in a PowerPoint presentation. The main topics or bullet points should appear on the slides with supporting visuals, while the Speaker Notes area (the box located at the bottom of each slide that allows you to type in notes) should be used to go into more depth regarding these main topics. Make sure the notes include information from the sources you have discovered in your research. This is a very important element of your assignment because it will provide both you and your audience with supporting explanations that the bullet posts simply cannot convey.
Your presentation should consist of a minimum of 10 slides of content, and the following: a title slide, an introductory slide, a conclusions slide, and a references slide.
Use at least 2 sources when researching information to support your argument. Remember to use credible, current sources to support your presentation. Use APA reference and citation formatting for the sources that you use. Place citations on the relevant slides with 1–2 slides at the end for your reference list.