Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Answer the following questions based on attached files 1) Using Greenwood’s definition, prove or disprove your chosen profession (upon graduation) qualifies as a profession. You must evaluate again
Answer the following questions based on attached files
1) Using Greenwood’s definition, prove or disprove your chosen profession (upon graduation) qualifies as a profession. You must evaluate against all of Greenwood’s attributes and clearly state if your chosen profession meets that attribute as well as why or why not.
2) Again, using Greenwood’s definition, prove or disprove one of the following vocations (see list to determine which one you are REQUIRED to answer)qualify as a profession. Use the same methodology required in question 1.
- Chef at a Michelin rated restaurant (if your last name begins with a A through H)
- Airline Pilot (if your last name begins with a I through M)
- Real Estate Agent (if your last name begins with a N through S)
- Professional Soccer Player (if your last name begins with a T through Z)
3) State the degree you’re pursuing and the occupation you plan to practice upon graduation (example: Civil Engineering Degree / Geotechnical Engineer). Prepare one to two paragraphs that determined/shaped your decision to obtain the degree you’re pursuing/choose a career in this field. Be prepared to present in class!
4) Now, reviewing your answer from questions 1 and 3, was becoming a “Professional” something you took into consideration when you made this decision? Why or Why not?
5) Using the information from 3) (you’re future occupation), How would define/describe the responsibility that goes with it? I.e. as a Professional __________, what are my responsibilities? (Helpful Tip: To assist you with his question, review the Modern Hippocratic Oath for Doctors).
6) Now read Eliot Freidson's "Theory and the Professions", does Freidsons' article agree with or disagree with Greenwoods' "Attributes of a Profession". In one to two paragraphs, make your case to support your position.
7) Professional Ethics (You may select the code of ethics pertinent to your profession)
Answer the following two questions:
- After reading the ASCE Code of Ethics, can you identify an action you have taken that would be in violation of one of the Canons of this code. If so, identify the Canon (and sub-canon), describe the incident, and discuss what you learned from this experience and what you would do differently.
- After reading the ASCE Code of Ethics, identify a Canon (and sub-canon) that you believe may be too restrictive / difficult to govern / unrealistic to meet / other? You must thoroughly explain and support your position.