Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
M6A1: Essay 3: Liberal Arts, Diversity and CultureYou have been examining the liberal arts disciplines throughout this course. You have also wrestled with complex ethical dilemmas, as well as issues
M6A1: Essay 3: Liberal Arts, Diversity and Culture
You have been examining the liberal arts disciplines throughout this course. You have also wrestled with complex ethical dilemmas, as well as issues and concerns around diversity and communication. All of these activities have required you to apply your critical thinking skills. In Essay 3 you will have an opportunity to explore a particular liberal arts discipline and examine the history of how that discipline interacts with diverse peoples, cultures, and groups.
Performing arts: Discipline- Performing Arts- Music/film/Dance.
The discipline of performing arts has struggled with the fair and ethical treatment of people from diverse backgrounds and women entering or working in the field since it was founded
The performing arts have long been a field for all that want to seek fame and fortune. However, it has not always been fair in the treatment towards the fairer sex or those of different ethnic backgrounds. This can include lesser wages and smaller performances or roles for them.
Please include the following in your essay:
- Start with the history of your chosen discipline, when and where was it founded and who were the “founding fathers.”
- Place this in a historical context, for example: “ZZZ began as a scholarly discipline in 16th century Europe. At this time, most women were not allowed to attend college and further their education. People in Africa and Asia were making discoveries in this field but were not recognized or considered by the European founders of the discipline.” (Give examples of overlooked or ostracized individuals to support any claims.)
- Consider how advances in social justice and ethical treatment have helped your discipline to improve its treatment of women and minorities over time, or has it? (Be sure to use up-to-date research. Check the dates on your sources!)
- Discuss whether any of the promises made about equality and opportunity for women and minorities are actually being fulfilled and why or why not. (Be specific: what is being done, and is it working?)
- Include any other factors that may be at play here (financial, political, colonialism, nationalism, etc.).
- Examine the facts in relation to the factors at play and use this understanding to build a logical and informed conclusion. Have you found any solutions in your research for the issue? If so, include them in your discussion/conclusion, along with your own ideas about how this discipline can and/or cannot overcome its historic under representation of women and minorities.
Additional Requirements and Resources:
- A minimum of four resources from academic publications found in the Excelsior Library
- 750 – 1250 words of writing. This does not include the title page or reference page. Please organize your paper based upon the approved outline and your faculty feedback.
- Grammatically correct sentences. If you need assistance, free tutoring is available through Smarthinking. You can link to it under “Free Tutoring” in your Table of Contents. To receive assistance on how to write essays, you can refer to the Excelsior OWL (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Use APA citation guidelines. If you need assistance, please refer to either of the following online writing labs:
- Purdue OWL (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Excelsior OWL (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”
This course has Turnitin fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately. You may resubmit your assignment through this dropbox as many times as you need to check to see if you have made improvements, until the due date of the assignment. However, once you have made your first submission, you will need to wait 24 hours after each subsequent submission to receive a new Originality Report. Plan accordingly as you draft your assignment. Once the due date has passed, your assignment submission will be considered final.
- 12 orders completed
Tutor has posted answer for $10.00. See answer's preview
***** ****** see ******** **** *** **** answer *** me know ** *** need *** adjustments done *** ** **** ***** have run the ******** ******* ******** after ********** *** **** ** ** now **** ****** ** **** a **** *** *** me know ** *** *** ********* ***** ***