Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
1) Count the number of xenon 5p and fluorine 2p electrons for [XeF4] and put the electrons directly into the schematic mo diagram above . Check the result very carefully because the answers to
1) Count the number of xenon 5p and fluorine 2p electrons for [XeF4] and put the electrons directly into the schematic mo diagram above . Check the result very carefully because the answers to several questions depend on having the correct mo electron configuration.
2.)State which if any of the xenon 5d orbitals have the proper symmetry to form pi bonds with the fluorine out of plane pπ orbital sets for [XeF4] .
3) Determine (derive) the reducible representation for the set of fluorine out of plane pi-orbitals in D4h [XeF4] .
5) What are the irreducible representations for the occupied molecular orbitals that are completely localized on xenon ?
5) Consider the vibrational normal modes of [XeF4] that have B1g B2u and Eu symmetries . Determine whether or not the vibrational normal modes with B1g B2u and Eu symmetries can be observed by using either IR or Raman spectroscopy ?
6) Determine the ground electronic state for the S=0 [XeF4] molecule and the excited electronic spectroscopic states that arise from the B2g1Eu1 excited electron configuration of [XeF4] .
7) Determine whether or not the pure electronic electric dipole transitions from the ground pure electronic state to the excited pure electronic states of [XeF4] that arise from the B2g1Eu1 excited electron configuration are electron spin and orbitally allowed .
8) Using only the number of IR allowed Xe-F stretching modes explain in detail whether or not the D4h symmetry of XeF4 could be distinguished from XY4 structures that are D2d and Td ?