Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
20. Population growth, urbanisation, smaller family size and rising life expectancies are _____________ factors, which have increased the propensity
20. Population growth, urbanisation, smaller family size and rising life expectancies are _____________ factors, which have increased the propensity for people to travel and engage in tourism activities.
21. The country which received the most international stayovers during 2010 was:
22. There are a number of reasons attributed to the emergence of 'emerging economies' in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, Africa and the Pacific, but the most important are:
a. changing consumer preferences in the major international tourist markets and economic growth within the emerging economies themselves.
b. increasing demand for 3S tourism and the emergence of the pleasure periphery.
c. the global inequality in tourism that exists between advanced and emerging economies.
d. pull factors influencing a destination.
23. Peace, stability and safety are important factors for tourists; therefore increased instability in destinations such as Egypt, Bali and Syria has led to:
a. increased visitor arrivals.
b. decreased visitor arrivals.
c. increased domestic tourism.
d. increased stayovers or excursionists.
24. Important pull factors for destinations are:
a. accessibility, attractions, cultural links, affordability, safety and stability.
b. exchange rates, accessibility, accommodation, attractions and adventure.
c. transportation, communications, instability, affordability and cultural links.
d. safety and security, limited access, pristine environments, built attractions.
25. Following the Asian financial crisis in the late 1990s, Malaysia has seen the dramatic increase of medical tourism patients from two neighbouring countries, namely:
a. Singapore and Philippines.
b. Singapore and Indonesia.
c. Indonesia and Thailand.
d. India and China.
26. As a type of attraction, waterfalls are an example of a:
a. natural site.
b. natural event.
c. cultural site.
d. cultural event.
27. Which one of the following is not an example of 'dark tourism'?
c. Assassination sites.
28. Antigua and Bahamas in the Caribbean are coral destinations and as a result have:
a. lower levels of 3S resort development than volcanic islands.
b. higher levels of 3S resort development than volcanic islands.
c. higher levels of ecotourism development than volcanic islands.
d. lower levels of cruise tourism development than volcanic islands.
29. Individuals from cooler climates such as Canada, Victoria (South Australia) who travel to warmer climates such as Florida, Hawaii and the Caribbean to escape the cold winter in their home countries are referred to as:
30. Bird migrations, solar eclipses, comets, and volcanic eruptions are examples of:
a. occasional events.
b. ephemeral events.
c. natural events.
d. manmade events.