Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Answer the following questions based on your examination of the Columbia Sportswear Company 2017 10-K. Columbia Sportswear Company acquired 100% of...
Answer the following questions based on your examination of the Columbia Sportswear Company 2017 10-K.
- Columbia Sportswear Company acquired 100% of the equity interest in PrAna Living LLC during 2014. How much of the purchase price was allocated to Goodwill (in thousands)? This will take some digging into past 10K reports (hint: Pull the 2014 -10K from the Columbia website under Investor Relations)
- $ 65,842
- $ 54,156
2.When Columbia Sportswear Company acquired 100% of the equity interest in PrAna Living LLC during 2014, how much of the purchase price was allocated to acquired identifiable intangible assets (in thousands)?
- $ 54,156
- $ 65,842
3.The value of goodwill is the excess of
- The purchase price over the fair value of tangible and identifiable intangible net assets acquired.
- The purchase price over the fair value of tangible net assets acquired.
- The purchase price over the carrying value of tangible and identifiable intangible net assets acquired.
- The purchase price over the carrying value of tangible net assets acquired.
4.Internally generated goodwill associated with a business may be recorded as an asset when a firm offer to purchase that business unit has been received.
5.Did Columbia Sportswear Company recognize any goodwill impairment for December 31, 2017?
6.Depreciation and amortization recognized (in thousands) by Columbia Sportswear Company for December 31, 2017 was
7.Which of the following would not be amortized?
- Trade name
- Customer list
8.What was the total of Accrued Liabilities (in thousands) for Columbia Sportswear Company as of December 31, 2017?
9.The accrued product warranties balance (in thousands) recognized by Columbia Sportswear Company for the year ending December 31, 2017 is?
10.What categories of commitments and contingencies did Columbia Sportswear Company disclose?
- Operating leases
- Inventory Purchase Obligations
- Indemnities and Guarantees
- All of the above
11.Does Columbia Sportswear Company believe the ultimate resolution of current legal proceedings will have a material adverse effect on their financial statements?
12.What is the value (in thousands) of the asset retirement obligations for Columbia Sportswear Company as of 12/31/17?
13.At December 31, 2017, was Columbia Sportswear Company in compliance with all associated covenants related to its domestic revolving line of credit (maturity date of July 1, 2021) ?
14.What was the amount of Columbia Sportswear Company contributions to their U.S. employees' 401(k) profit-sharing plan for December 31, 2017?
15.How much did Columbia Sportswear Company pay (in thousands) to repurchase their common stock during 2017?
16.Cash dividends paid (in thousands) in 2017 for Columbia Sportswear Company were?
17.Which earnings per share amounts are reported in a complex capital structure?
- Basic and Diluted EPS
- Basic and Simple EPS
- Basic EPS only
- Diluted EPS only
18.What is the numerator (in thousands) for the calculation of the 2017 Diluted EPS of $1.49?
19.What is the denominator (in thousands) for the calculation of the 2017 Diluted EPS of $1.49?
20.What caused the increase in the denominator from Basic EPS to Diluted EPS for 2017?
- Dilutive Convertible Preferred Stock
- Dilutive Convertible Bonds
- Dilutive Stock Options and Restricted Stock
- None of the above