BUS 517 Midterm Exam Part 2
This file of BUS 517 Midterm Exam Part 2 comprises:
(1) Research shows the most frequently mentioned barrier to project success is
(2) Scott has just been given a project that has a specific target date. After discussion with top management he finds that while the date is important the cost is more important and a slip in delivery would be acceptable if required to meet the cost targets. The target date is best classified as
(3) To construct a high-quality, custom home within five months at costs not to exceed $150,000 is best classified as
(4) Which of the following is not one of the items that would appear on a project scope checklist?
(5) The first step of project scope definition is to
(6) Which of the follow is least likely to be included in a Work Package?
(7) The integration of project work packages within the organization management structure is known as
(8) Creating an extranet website or an internal software database system would be most closely associated with the
(9) Ed is looking over the actual results of projects and comparing them to what was estimated. He notices that projects that took six months or longer to complete were noticeably more off the estimates. Which of the following factors is he recognizing?
(10) Learning curves are more likely to apply in situations where most of the costs are
(11) People working on prototype development needing time to interact with the design engineers after the design is completed is an example of:
(12) Jose is forecasting project time and cost for constructing a new building by multiplying the total square footage by a given dollar amount. Which of the following methods is he using?
(13) A good starting point for developing time and cost estimates is
(14) A manager getting further into a project and obtaining a better understanding of what needs to be done to accomplish a project is an example of:
(15) Resource shortages, in the form of people, equipment, or materials, is a good example of
(16) The approach that begins with a top-down estimate for the project and then refines estimates as the project is implemented is known as ______ method
(17) Which of the following is not one of the bottom-up approaches to estimating project time and cost?
(18) The stages of culture shock include all of the following except:
(19) When you begin to lose confidence in your abilities to communicate and work effectively in the different culture, you are in which of the following stages of culture shock?
(20) Which of the following is not contained in the Assessment Matrix Project Site Selection?
(21) As a response to the events of September 11, 2001, the moving of personnel, materials, and equipment across international borders has created border congestion with increased costs and time. This is an example of which of the following environmental factors?
(22) American project managers have earned a reputation abroad for being very good at understanding technology but not good at understanding:
(23) A major difference between working in Mexico and working in the United States is the perception of deadlines. This is referred to as:
(24) Communications difficulties because of different languages are examples of which of the following environmental factors?
(25) The growing presence of the Russian Mafia has discouraged many foreign firms from setting up operations in the former Soviet Union. This is an example of which of the following environmental factors?