Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Can you help?
Week 1 - Discussion 2
2929 unread replies.2929 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Behaviorism Versus Cognitivism
Prior to engaging in this discussion, read Chapters One and Two from your text, watch the B.F. Skinner - Operant Conditioning and Free Will (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and the How to Understand Cognitive Psychology (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. videos, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. This guidance can be very helpful as it may include strategies that support your preferred learning. It is important to refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion posts will be evaluated.
For this activity:
- Compare and contrast the psychological “camps” of Behaviorism and Cognitivism based on scholarly materials including the required resources for this week.
- Analyze how each learning theory applies to real-life situations, and provide two examples for each.
- Behaviorism example – Every time the chickens get on the porch, they are sprayed with water. After time, the chickens learn not to be on the porch.
- Demonstrate your further understanding of these theoretical perspectives by including implications to learning posed by each theory.
- Based on the evidence presented in this week’s resources, what are the major strengths and weaknesses of each theory in relation to how we learn? In your comparison, do you see where one type of training might work better than the other based on situations (e.g., differing age groups, differing learning abilities, or differing skill level/rigor)?
- Apply basic research methods to your comparison by providing empirically based research findings or other reliable examples to support your statements. View this great tutorial provided by the Ashford University Library which will show you how to find scholarly articles and how to assess the scholarly quality of the resource.
- Be sure to cite all your references in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Guided Response: Read several of your classmates’ posts and respond to at least two of your classmates by Day 5 (Saturday). Compare your findings on the two theories with your classmates’ findings. How, and in what ways, do they differ? What can you learn from your classmates’ perceptions of the strengths weaknesses of the two theories? Did your classmates’ posts alter your original perceptions of these theories? If so, in what ways? If not, why not?