Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
child development: cognitive observation will provide 1-5
Cognitive Observation Report:
Note: Please complete in a question and answer format. Write the question and give your response.
1. Date and time (beginning and ending) of observation
2. Name, address and phone number of school or child care you observed
3. Name of director; email for the director
4. Description of child, including age. Do not use the child's name. You can state "the child" or you can make up a name.
5. Give TWO examples of the childâs use of receptive language in detail.
6. Give TWO examples of the childâs use of expressive language in detail (must be within quotes).
7. Describe THREE examples of problem solving in detail.
Example- There were balls and tubes set out on a table. The child went to the table to explore the balls and tubes. She picked up a ball and dropped it into the tube. She observed the ball going down the tube. The ball rolled down the tube and out, rolling away from the table. She ran after the ball and picked it up. Before putting the same ball into the same tube, she adjusted the basket that was nearby to catch the ball when it came out of the tube. Next, she tried to put the ball into the tube to see if it worked, and it did. She continued to play with the balls and tubes, adjusting to catch the ball in the basket.
8. Describe THREE examples of use of long-term memory in detail.
9. Describe THREE examples of use of short-term (working) memory in detail.
10. Please relate the child's actions and/or behavior to an element of Piagetâs theory and also to Vygotskyâs theory.
For each of these theories find the observable behavior and explain how the observable behavior correlates with the aspect of the theory given.
A. Piagetâs theory â Children adapt to their environment through assimilation and accommodation; equilibration leads to increasingly complex thought
Observable behavior - A 3 year old girl tried to open the juice box by trying to pry open the top with her fingers. She tried continuously for four minutes and became more frustrated with each effort. She finally succeeded in opening the juice box on her own.
Explanation â Child was at equilibration prior to attempting a new task of opening the juice box. The struggle was the attempt for four minutes that demonstrated her frustration and persistence. Her brows were furrowed, and she clenched her lip between her teeth as she worked on her task. Finally, she succeeded opening a juice box for the first time. This demonstrated accommodation and now she is at a new level of equilibration, with new capabilities that she can accomplish on her own.
B. Vygotskyâs theory-(follow the same idea as above for Vygotsky)
Observable Behavior - answer in detail
Explanation - answer in detail
** Note: Please complete this assignment in a question and answer format. Write the question and give a detailed response to the question.