COLL 148 Week 3 DQ 2 Researching the Internet
This pack of COLL 148 Week 3 DQ 2 Researching the Internet comprehends:
As your text states, anyone can put anything on the Web. To evaluate the quality of Web sites, we can think in terms of five criteria for evaluating the credibility of websites.
1. Read this weeks Lecture section titled Evaluating Research Sources for a review of these terms.
2. For our discussion, you will need to read the article, "Sleeping with the Enemy: Wikipedia in the College Classroom" by Cullen Chandler and Alison Gregory. For help finding this article, read Accessing DeVry Library Research Sources in DocSharing Week 3.
3. Find the article, then download the full-text PDF or print it out.
4. Read the article carefully and critically (using the active reading strategies from Chapter 8, pp. ZZ-AA).
5. Go to http://www.wikipedia.org and search for Wikipedia to learn exactly what Wikipedia is.
6. Write a paragraph for your first discussion post in which you answer the following question: Why is Wikipedia acceptable as a quick reference but not for research?
Your post should include discussion of our five criteria (authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency, and coverage) and should refer to the Sleeping with the Enemy and Wikipedia articles.