COM 156 Week 4 DQs 2
This document of COM 156 Week 4 Discussion Questions 2 shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. To make supporting points it is important that one finds relevant, accurate, and reliable sources. What should you consider when looking for helpful sources? What are some red flags that indicate you should avoid a particular source?
2. Review Ch. 21 to learn about finding and using sources. What types of sources will you use to help support your topic sentences? Why do you believe they are effective choices to support your point of view?
3. After completing the skill and drill this week, identify three essential steps that a writer might take to choose accurate sources.
4. How might you determine what is fact and what is opinion? Does the opinion of an expert in the field carry more weight than the opinion of someone that is not? Explain why or why not. Find one factual article online about popular music. Find an opinion-based article about popular music.
5. One common mistake made in a persuasive paper is taking one side to the extent that the writing becomes biased. How does a persuasive essay differ from a biased essay?