Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Dr. Smith Harvey only
Week 5 Assignment
International Comparison of Data
The World Health Organization’s “Statistical Information System” is an interactive database that allows you to compare health indicators for multiple countries. For this Assignment, you will compare the country you selected for the Discussion with the United States in terms of healthcare (i.e., please compare the same country in both the Discussion and Assignment.)
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Consider the value of using standardized quantitative health measures or indicators to compare information internationally.
- Examine the definitions of indicators presented in the Resources, including pages 55–62 of the Shi and Singh (2015) course text.
- Use the WHO website to examine country statistics and profiles.
- Create a table to record data related to three health indicators for the two countries you are comparing, as illustrated in the example Indicators Chart on this page.
- Once your table is complete, compare the data and analyze it in light of the information presented in this week’s Resources and the research you conducted for the Discussion. What insights does this comparison give you about health and disease within the U.S. healthcare delivery system and the system of the other country you selected?
Write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:
- Identify the country that you are comparing with the United States.
- Define the three health indicators you have selected for your analysis and explain why you chose them.
- Include the table you created to record and compare your data.
- Summarize the results of your comparison, sharing at least two insights that you gained through this analysis of health and disease in the United States and your selected country.
Due by Day 7 of Week 5.
Week 5 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week's assigned Learning Resources.
- Shi, L., & Singh, D. A. (2015). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Chapter 1, “An Overview of US Health Care Delivery” (pp. 20–28)
- Chapter 2, “Beliefs, Values, and Health” (pp. 52–73)
- Chapter 14, “The Future of Health Services Delivery” (pp. 557–558)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. (2015). Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org
- WHO. (2015). Statistical information system. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/countries/en/
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. (2015). Global health. Retrieved from http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Note: Information about the Gates Foundation work in global health is located under the “What We Do” tab.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2014). The world factbook. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- The Commonwealth Fund. (2013). International profiles of health care systems, 2013. Retrieved from http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/files/publications/fund-report/2013/nov/1717_thomson_intl_profiles_hlt_care_sys_2013_v2.pdf
- The Commonwealth Fund. (2015). Country comparison. Retrieved from http://www.commonwealthfund.org/interactives-and-data/us-compare-interactive#?ind=4&compare=CAN
- HealthCanada.org. (2015). Health care system. Retrieved from http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/index-eng.php
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (n.d.). Global health policy. Retrieved from http://globalhealth.kff.org/
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (2014). National data hub. Retrieved from http://www.rwjf.org/en/about-rwjf/newsroom/features-and-articles/rwjf-datahub.html
- Trust for America’s Health. (2015). Trust for America’s Health. Retrieved from http://healthyamericans.org/
- UK Department of Health. (n.d.). The NHS in England: About the National Health Service (NHS). Retrieved from http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/about/Pages/overview.aspx
- United Health Foundation. (2014). America’s health rankings. Retrieved from http://www.americashealthrankings.org