Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
due tom by 8
This is a multiple choice, short answer and essay quiz. Each multiple choice question is worth 2 points and the short answer is 4 points and essay question16 points for a total possible of 60 points. There is only one correct response for each numbered item, and you should use the Schaefer text as needed to determine the best response. Place all of your answers on the answer sheet and upload via the Assignments tab.
Essay/Short Answer answers must include citations and a reference listing, in APA format. Remember to double space your essay question answers. Your Answers should be between 200 and 250 words for Essay
Use Schaefer as your source for this assignment.
1.The tendency to assume that one’s culture and way of life are superior to all others is known as a.cultural relativism.
2. Prejudice is
a. negative attitude, not behavior.
b.aimed at individuals, not groups.
c.negative behavior, not an attitude.
d.based on accurate definitions.
3. Which of the following is an ethnophaulism?
a.The employer refused to consider the application from a qualified Norwegian American.
b.The job applicant thought he was refused the position because he was not Black.
c.The personnel manager told the applicant that she had excellent work experience for a woman.
d.all of these
4. The process of denying certain opportunities and equal rights or privileges to individuals and groups is known as
5. Reluctant liberals are those who
a.discriminate in an overt fashion.
b.discriminate if there is social pressure to do so.
c.harbor prejudice but do not express it.
d.can express prejudice only in a group.
6. LaPiere’s study in the early 1930s involving travel with a Chinese couple to places of business indicated that most people who participated in the follow-up questionnaire were
a.all weather liberals.
c.all weather bigots.
a.involves prejudiced people believing they are society’s victims.
b.transfers guilt from the individual to some vulnerable group.
c.led to mass extermination of German Jews during World War II.
d.all of these
8. People with authoritarian personalities:
a.fight against conventional values
b.believe that most moral issues are difficult to resolve
c.accept authority uncritically
d.have considerable formal education
9. Which approach explains how racism can stigmatize a group as inferior so that the exclusion of that group can be justified?
10. A prejudiced person develops more tolerant views when he moves to a community where people are less prejudiced. This is an example of
c.authoritarian personality theory.
11. Viewing Blacks as superstitious, Whites as uncaring, and Jews as shrewd are examples of
12. Stereotyping is related to self-fulfilling prophecy in that
a.it fosters a negative racial climate.
b.people are aware of the negative images others have of them.
c.it affects how people interact with one another.
d.all of these
13. . Any police-initiated action based on race, ethnicity, or national origin rather than behavior is called
c. racial profiling.
d. driving while black (DWB).
14. Which of the following is NOT an example of racial profiling?
a. Elmo Randolph, a black dentist, was stopped dozens of times by the police while driving to and from work.
b. Arab American secret service agent, Walied Shater, was prevented from flying on American Airlines.
c. High schools and colleges use Indians as mascots for sports teams.
d. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., a black HarvardUniversity professor, was arrested in his own home for disorderly conduct.
15. Federal guidelines bar federal agents from using race and ethnicity as a reason for investigating someone, but cases involving __________ are exempted.
c. national economic interests
d. military personnel
16. Asking people their willingness to work with or be employed with people of different ethnic backgrounds measures their level of
17. Intergroup hostility refers to prejudice by
a. Whites toward minorities.
b.men toward women.
c.minorities toward other minorities.
d.the rich towards the poor.
18. . Studies consistently document that increased formal education is associated with
b. structural approach.
c. racial tolerance.
19. A Hispanic college student from the southwest U.S. arrives at college to find that her roommate is a Jewish woman from New York. As they get to know one another, they are able to overcome their initial prejudices and grow to appreciate each other’s strengths and talents. This is an example of the
a. contact hypothesis.
b. self-fulfilling prophecy.
c. formal education hypothesis.
20. A Black worker is shown how to perform her factory job by a White male supervisor. According to the contact hypothesis, this situation would be unlikely to reduce prejudice because
a.it is set in a blue-collar atmosphere.
b.the worker belongs to the union.
c.the two individuals do not have equal status.|
d.sexism is operating as well as racism.
21. What does the Bogardus scale measure? Be specific. (Short Answer)
22. Distinguish between prejudice and discrimination then explain the relationship between them using Merton’s typology. (Essay)