Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Assignment 2: RA 1: Employee Selection: Industrial/Organizational in Action Report
People drive virtually every organization. Therefore, having the right people in the organization can dramatically influence the overall success of a company. Finding the right employee starts with recruitment and is impacted by the selection process as well as subsequent training and organizational functioning.
Your presentation at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) chapter meeting has generated some business for you. This new client, Alamo Waste, is having a difficult time hiring and retaining qualified employees and would like your help in developing a more effective recruitment, selection, and training and development process. You received an e-mail from Merle Jackson, chief executive officer (CEO) of Alamo Waste—a Houston-based residential waste collection operation.
For this assignment, your job is to analyze the client's current practices and present him with potential solutions to his problems.
Create a 6- to 8-page proposal for your client. Your proposal should:
- Identify and explain the strengths and weaknesses of Alamo Waste's current recruitment, selection, and retention efforts.
- Develop an appropriate approach to recruitment based on the client's needs.
- Recommend at least two improvements for the client's selection process; include an explanation of the full cycle of the selection process. At least one recommendation should include the use of a specific metric that will contribute to selecting qualified candidates. Recommendations should all be specific, including examples of questions that might be asked or techniques that should be used.
- Determine reasonable changes that could be made to the processes or the environment that would improve retention of the client's desired talent.
- Conclude the proposal with a summary of the importance of making such changes.
Your final product will be in a Microsoft Word document and approximately 6–8 pages in length, utilizing at least three scholarly sources in your research. Use APA standards to cite sources. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.