ENG 225 Week 3 The Deer Hunter
This paperwork comprises ENG 225 Week 3 The Deer Hunter
Establishing Theme. Select a movie from AFI’s 10 Top 10 lists and explain how three cinematic techniques and/or design elements have helped establish a major theme in that film.
In 800 to 1200 words:
1. Describe a major theme of the movie you have selected using evidence from the movie itself as well as course resources and other scholarly sources to support your position.
2. Identify at least three techniques (cinematography, lighting, acting style, or direction) and/or design elements (set design, costuming, or hair and makeup), and explain how these techniques and/or design elements contribute to the establishment of the theme. Reference particular scenes or sequences in your explanations.
3. State your opinion regarding the mise-cn-scenc, including:
* How do the elements work together?
* How congruent the design elements arc with the theme of the movie?
* Whether or not other techniques would be as effective (Explain your reasoning).