Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Week 5 - Discussion 1
No unread replies. No replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Flexibility and Wellness Research
Flexibility has a large impact on wellness. For this activity, you will examine the relationship between flexibility and wellness and assess the factors affecting flexibility. To begin, visit a wellness practitioner in your area and research the top three complaints he or she receives relating to flexibility. Address the following in your post:
- Describe the complaints and analyze possible causes.
- How do these complaints relate to the factors which influence flexibility?
- Which prevention tips and stretches does the practitioner recommend to minimize or eliminate these complaints?
- Are these stretches static, ballistic, or proprioceptive neuromuscular in nature?
- Assess and describe three ways that you will incorporate these tips and stretches into your own exercise routine and the routine of future clients.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 250 words. Include the practitioner’s name, credentials, and location. Utilize at least two additional scholarly sources (one may be your textbook) to support your explanation. You are welcome to scan and upload any flexibility-centered materials provided by your wellness professional, to share with the class. If you are unable to visit a practitioner, you may interview him or her via telephone or email. Guided Response: Review several of your peers’ posts and respond to at least two of your classmates. Compare and contrast your research findings and exercises with those of your peers. Can you think of any additional prevention tips and suggestions to minimize flexibility-related complaints? Please be detailed and include a minimum of 100 words per response.