GLG 101 v3 Week 1 Review
In this paperwork of GLG 101 v3 Week 1 Chapter 1, 2 Review you will find the answers on the next questions:
3. How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
5. In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?
1. When astronauts brought back rock samples from the Moon, the minerals present were mostly the same as those found on Earth. Can you think of reasons why this might be so? Would you expect minerals on Mars or Venus to be the same, or at least very similar, to those on Earth?
3. Which of the following materials are minerals, and why (or why not)? Water; beach sand; diamond; wood; vitamin pill; gold nugget; fishbone; emerald.
3 How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university? How can you find out the answer to this question?
1. Recall from Chapter 1 that Earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost