Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Goals of Homeland Security Strategy
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 8
- National Strategy for Homeland Security (NSHS); pp. 1â8
Core Concepts of Homeland Security Strategy Development
In a week, you will interview for a position as the new emergency manager in a city of 200,000 people in the midwestern United States. Because of your academic qualifications and your volunteer activities, which have allowed you to gain a practical insight and understanding about important issues in homeland security and emergency management, you are one of three finalists.
Unfortunately, the person who previously held the position failed to effectively engage in strategic planning in any way (the primary reason for his dismissal).
The assistant city manager who will interview you for the position and make the hiring decision stated in an e-mail that among other topics, she wants to discuss strategic planning during your interview. More specifically, she wants to discuss how you would identify and plan for homeland security-related goals for the city and how you will go about creating the cityâs homeland security strategic plan.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What would you do to ensure that you are properly prepared for your interview?
- What specific steps would you take to feel completely comfortable with strategy concepts during this interview? Explain.
- Which core concepts associated with strategic planning would you be sure to discuss during the interview? Why?
- Which of the concepts stated in your response to the question above do you think is the most important? Be sure to justify your response.
- How would you relate those core concepts to homeland security and tailor them specifically to the city in question?