Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Health Care Policy Week 3 Discussion Questions (6) Experts only! Scholarly responses are required. *Please answer each question individually and
Health Care Policy Week 3 Discussion Questions (6)
Experts only! Scholarly responses are required.
*Please answer each question individually and accurately. Must cite any and all references in APA format. Label each solution with the corresponding question. Copy and pasted solutions will NOT be accepted. Minimum 2-3 quality paragraphs per question
Part A: Financial Cost Controls
1. What are some examples of painless cost control? Are they painless for everyone?
2. Can you offer some examples of what we mean by administrative waste? Would eliminating it be painless for everyone?
3. It's true that patients are having to pay more for care. This may decrease the demand for care, which decreases total national expenditures on care. Does this decrease the cost of the care that is still being provided?
Part B: Reimbursement Cost Controls
1. Describe and provide examples of price and quality controls.
2. One of the simplest reimbursement cost controls is for the government to establish a ceiling price that limits what providers can charge. Is that kind of cost control a good idea? What are some of the consequences of government price controls?
3. To what extent is there a free market for healthcare? Do we need government involvement in healthcare? If so, can government engage in pricing and payment mechanisms that don't mess up the market forces?